From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 15:43:53 EST
Merry Christmas everyone.  Thank you for all the wonderful responses to my
letter about my autistic son and his miraculous reation to our new baby
ferrets.  It has been a while and things are going wonderfully.  Sean helps
us do ferret duties... and has gone beyond the call of duty and started
vacuuming.  Ok, this is a child who still doesn't have an inkling as to how
to brush his hair, but he learned to vacuum.  Haha....typical of autism to
have the spiking abilities and disabilities.  We have had a horrible flu go
through our home.  My husband came down with pneumonia.  Little Sean
skipped about healthy as a horse telling us to "not breath our sick breath
on him and the ferrets".  He was wonderful in helping us feed them, etc as
we were sick and afraid to touch them.  I wish you all could hear Sean
chatter to them endlessly and hear the belly laughs that erupt from him in
this home.  I can't wait until Christmas day with the paper, ribbons,
boxes, and ferrets dancing all about my boy with belly giggles.

I want to thank Kat for a the generous, and loving gift of a page dedicated
to my son and our ferrets and the Christmas miracle that ensued in this
household.  Go visit the sight to see Sean, the ferrets, the story, and
hear his laugh.  Go on......... take a look... it is gorgious!
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/sean.html

Have a very ferrety Christmas!
Wolfy