Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2013 18:41:52 -0800
I learned after had give our 7 year old ferret both Melatonin and
Deslorin implants on the same day, that it wasn't a good idea because
of the lethargy it caused. I had never heard the two together could
cause this and I found out too late.

How long does the lethargy last? Willy seemed a bit over tired for
the first couple days then he seemed to improve, but never got really
active (not that he was very active before). He has both Adrenal and
Insulinoma, and a nerve problem in his lower back from an old injury.
His last glucose was 106 which was on the day he got both implants. Its
been about 3 weeks and the last several days he has not looked good at
all. He did feel very warm and we thought maybe he had an infection or
something. He has been on clavamox for 4 days and has improved some but
still doesn't look good. Also his lymph nodes are swollen and we were
thinking this was due to the pred, he has been on for the last couple
years.

We will be taking him to the vet tomorrow despite the snow storm we're
hitting us tonight. We were hoping the clavamox would take care of the
problem but it doesn't look like it.

Can this be the effect of both Deslorin and Melatonin being given
together? My next thought is some infection that the Clavamox is not
doing much for. After that it could be Lymphoma (this is my worst
fear).

My main question is can it be the two implants causing this after 3
weeks?

Thanks

Mike