From:
Dana Reale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 09:14:20 -0500
Hello everyone!

I'm happy to report that we now have two wonderful ferrets!!  They're about
7 weeks old, from MF.  They don't have names yet, but they will shortly!
We have a girl and a boy.  The boy is a standard sable, and the female is
lighter, almost like a champagne, but with sable markings/mask.  I'll have
to check the Ferret.org site to check out the colour chart to make
doubly-sure I'm using the right terms!

Anyways, at the moment we're keeping them in a big rabbit cage until we
get our Quality Cage shipped in.  We're using Yesterday's News as litter
(they're already potty-trained!), and that Canadian bedding, the recycled
newspaper stuff, with a name like Cleansomething.  I forget.  :o) We're
feeding them MF's food.

Does anyone have any advice for us on how to start them off right?  Would
anyone have done anything differently in terms of what we're feeding them
or having them sleep in, etc?

I'm going to try and dig out our WebCam and take some pictures of the
little fuzzies!  They're both incredibly sweet, and they get along
terrifically!

Hopefully soon I'll be joining you all in post those great and funny
stories!

~Dana, Jason and our two new furries (unnamed)