From:
Dani Lucking <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 23:14:24 -0500
I just find it interesting that so many posts every year on keeping ferrets
cool in summer.  I am a Southerner and to many people who stereotype, I must
be a backwards hillbilly with a family tree that doesn't fork, but I HAVE
AIRCONDITIONING!!!  It is hard to imagine that there are so many places that
consider air conditioning some wierd extra expense.  It doesn't get that
cold for too many days down here in the winter, but I still have heat in my
house.  My car also has air conditioning, so I don't have to travel with
frozen coke bottles, either.  I don't mean to have this sound like too much
of a rip on anyone, I just find it amusing that the South is civilized
enough to know we need air conditioning.  :) Really, it is meant light
hearted, it is just nice to tweak the North for being technologically
behind.  I really like ya'll Yankees.  I must, I married one.  And now, he
wouldn't live anywhere else.  Mostly because I wouldn't, but he wouldn't
live anywhere else.  :) So, the tip to keeping ferrets cool in summer and
warm in winter: #1 answer: Central Heat and Air !  <ggg>!  Oh, break down
and buy an air conditioner and be comfortable yourself!  Love ya all!