Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 5 May 1994 02:14:56 -0400
Hello everyone, I've recently found out about (and had the time to write
on) the FML.  I recieved my first issue and it is fantastic.  I am a '
puter illiterate for the most part but won't let that stop me from
getting new info for my kids!  I have four ferrets, all boys, one hob.
Stimpy is my first, a MF petstore guy who's a bitty thing, then there is
Willie, my whole male who is huge, fat, and lazy.  Cindy I believe you
brought up a question about obesity, and I'm not sure of the answer being
"overweight" or just a "lazy" personality.  Then I have Casey, my much-
sought-after Cinnamon who after I got him was a true demon...he's
wonderful now though, and Riley, my rescue.
Riley is my big question for everyone....again, BATHS!  That terrible
four-letter word!  Charles all of mine are definitely FRISKY after a bath,
the idea of taking away there scent was a wonderful theory as to why they
go berserk.  With Riley...I got him at about 9 mo. to a yr., and I do not
know any history, i.e. abuse, but the darn guy becomes downright viscious
during a bath.  I was at the show in Feb. in Md, bathing them all the
night before at the hotel, and he attacked my hand to get out of the tub
so much that I probably could have used a stitch or two (and I'm no wuss).
He's also bitten my old roomate, and my sister during baths.  The thing
is he NEVER bites otherwise.  Any ideas?
Michele & Gang