From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:37:09 EDT
PetSmart possibly tesing breeders for ADV as routine?  My lord!  I'm
still so shocked and thrilled that someone would step up to the plate
like this, that I can't even think straight.  I can't wait to tell my
husband.  I don't know how I didn't know this, but I didn't.

As far as the skunk, I'm frightened to death about something.  First we
had ADV jump from Mink to Ferret.  Now it's taken an even further leap
into a more distant species, skunk.  Will this mutate to even other
animals, even more distant, and perhaps into such species as dog or
cat ... or worse?  I realize that most often diseases do not just
beam down to earth like in Star Trek but have been around hiding, or
unrecognized.  But evidently ADV virtually did this once upon a time,
or it was here in another form in another animal and jumped on over to
the mink.  Who knows.

I have a question(s).  Are these diseases in the same family?  Parvo in
dogs, Fifths disease in humans, and ADV in ferret, mink and skunk.  If
so how closely related are they?  And which one came first?  And what
other diseases do we have that are related?

Wolfy, who needs an adv refresher course
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com