From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 20:19:58 -0700
Matt, we have tried the clear pearl litter for our cat, and don't find it
entirely successful.  We like it, but the cat doesn't seem to.  She seems
to be avoiding using it, as she's taken to weeing in the bathtub.

The pearls do absorb urine odor, and they would be a benefit to you if your
ferrets will accept them, as 'scooping' of the urinated on areas isn't
done.  Instead, the company recommends a complete litter change once a
month.  You would still need to scoop the poop, however, and if you are
visually impaired, I'm not sure a single $15.00 bag of pearls would last
a month, as it would stick to the poops, thereby reducing the volumn.

Our ferret litter is wood stove pellets, at $3.00 for 40 pound bags, so
$15. for a small sack of pearls seems expensive.

Another drawback of the pearls is that they are invisible on a floor,
causing some real ouchers when accidentally stepped on with bare feet.

Good luck with your decision to investigate pearls.  Have you tried wood
stove pellets?  They absorbe urine odor as well, and could be poop scooped,
while allowing the wet areas to accumulate for longer periods.

Matt, could we hear more from you, regarding your adventures as a ferret
owner?  I believe you have a great perspective to share, if you wouldn't
mind telling us of some of your coping methods.  Are you able to move
across the floor with ferrets underfoot?

Georgia - the left coast one...