From:
Kristina Borgstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 19:04:43 -0800
Fitch had surgery today and they removed a testicle in his abdomen by
his kidney. Dr. Jaimie Sulliban of Aloha Animal hospital in Las Vegas
took such great care of him. When I pulled into the vet, after a
sleepless night, Fitch started shaking. I knew he was scared, he gave
me kisses then I handed him over. It was so hard.

He was the only surgery scheduled so he had all the attention of the
staff. The doctor called at noon to confirm that it was indeed a
testicle that caused him to mark everything.I rushed to get him and he
gave me more kisses ,even after surgery! I'm just so happy that my baby
is okay now. They even saved the testicle to show me and gave me a disc
of the procedure. I was so impressed!

He has to stay in the cage for about two weeks until his incision heals
then it'll be time for reintroductions to Ivan and Django. The vet
thinks his aggression towards them will abate as the testosterone
leaves his system. He's asleep in his cage now after chugging some
water. And now its time for me to take a nap too.

35$ exam
55$ urinalysis
95$ testosterone test
35$ catheter
155$ neuter
60$ anesthesia
11.15$ meds = a lot of love I have for this baby and maybe a little
credit debt.

Wish him a speedy recovery and if anyone would like to see the pics of
the testicle or surgery let me know. I'm not posting them cause they
are graphic and its hard to see a ferret hooked up to tubes and such.
I'm going to vet tech school so I'm so happy they saved pics for me to
see.

Thanks everyone for your comments, mssgs and well wishings. It means so
much to have a support group.

Kristina Borgstrom