From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 1995 13:00:53 CDT
WELL - I swear I was not overreacting.  I wrote about Edith slowing down a
lot.  The last couple of weeks she was sleeping a lot more, doing the speed
bump instead of playing and generally depressed.  We usually have a regular
routine: when I get up in the morning she is chewing on my toes, when I go
downstairs to make tea she races down after me to get linatone, when I come
home from work she greets me at the door, when I get in the bath she waits
for me to get out by playing in the towel on the floor and then of course
she licks my feet and chomps.  Well, for the last couple weeks she didn't
do any of these things.  She just slept.  I was nervous (especially since
we lost Nina about 6months ago now to cancer and her only symptom was
lethargy a few days before she died).  So, anyways I went to the doctor and
had a fecal float, CBC, etc etc - all of which came back normal.  The
doctor said she was in perfect health.  So, then I wrote you guys.  And I
was thinking maybe she was just getting older or maybe the season changes
etc.  THEN I saw Dr.  Williams post about separation anxiety.  Well, my
husband, Joe (he's a professional athlete who travels a lot but usually not
for more than a few days at a time) has been out of town for about 3 weeks
now.  I figured Edith might miss him.  So, I called him up and I put Edith
on the phone with him.  I put her ear next to the receiver and I could hear
him on the other end doing this little song "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDITH' and he
told her he would be home soon.  NOBODY WILL BELIEVE THIS - but Edith is
completely back to normal.  She woke up this morning chewing on my feet,
she raced past me on the stairs this morning to get her linatone, she
followed me back up to play in the towel as I got washed...  Isn't that
cool!  Charlene