From:
Modern Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 20:07:44 -0500
_Modern Ferret_ magazine was recently declared one of the 12 best magazines
in the business by _min_ magazine. Other publications to be so honored
include: _The Economist_, _The New Yorker_, _Information Week_, _Teen
People_, _Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel_ and _ESPN The Magazine_.

Quite an extraordinary list of publications to be included with!
Especially for a magazine produced by just two people and nine ferrets -
most of those publications have more editors listed on their masthead than
we own ferrets!

To see the full story, use this link or search for it at www.prnewswire.com

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/02-25
-1999/0000877743&EDATE=

>min magazine Names Industry's Best;Commemorative Publication Becomes Quarterly
>Magazine-about-Magazines
>

>POTOMAC, Md., Feb. 25 /PRNewswire/ -- The winter issue of the new min
>magazine, from Phillips Business Information, Inc. (PBI), should spark
>controversy when released on Feb. 26 with its selection of the 12 best
>magazines in the business.
>
>Backed by the authority and influence of min, the Media Industry Newsletter,
>also published by PBI, min magazine's choices are, from the mainstream
>consumer category, The Economist, The New Yorker and MAXIM; among special-
>interest publications, Modern Ferret, Racer and Elle Decor; from the business-
>to-business arena, Broadcasting & Cable, Red Herring and InformationWeek; and
>among new launches, Teen People, Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel and ESPN The
>Magazine.
>
>"In choosing these exceptional magazines," said David Shaw, senior vice
>president of PBI, "the min staff looked primarily for publications that were
>doing something very special.  They were either hugely strong financially or
>totally in tune with their target readers -- or, ideally, both."

(for the full text see the prnewswire address above)

Mary and I are both really excited about this (and the ferrets are dancing
about madly!).  Lots of treats for everyone tonight!  This is the type of
positive recognition for ferrets that we have been striving for since we
started the magazine.  Hopefully this honor will draw attention to the
magazine and to the information we provide as well as to how wonderful
ferrets are as pets (we're the only pet magazine that made the cut).

Watch for an ad from _min_ in the March 1 issue of the NY Times in the
business section congratulating us!

We can't wait to see the actual issue of _min_ - we sent some very nice
photos of Mary with Bosco.

Just want the ferret community to know we're busy doing our jobs as best as
we can.

- Eric

Modern Ferret Magazine - For ferret owners. By ferret owners.
Mary & Eric Shefferman & the Fuzzies: Sabrina, Marshmallow, Knuks, Trixie,
Bosco da Gama, Balthazar, Cauliflower, Koosh, and Gabrielle
http://www.modernferret.com