From:
"Sharon Brandt (and Snickers)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 23:11:11 EST
>Is there anywhere online that has "directions" for the "craftically
>impaired" do-it-yourselfer who wants to attempt homemade hammocks?

My sweetie loves the hammock I made for her.  I used a hand towel folded in
half.  At first I used safety pins in the corners to attach it but have
since moved to grommets (hardware store or craft store) or I have sewn on
little loops.  After you have the pins, grommet holes, or loops in the
folded over towel, attach the towel to the cage using those little rings
you buy in office supply stores.  The kind that snaps closed to form an O.
You can unsnap them easily to remove the hammock for cleaning.  I left the
towel folded and didn't cut it cause my sweetie likes to nuzzle her nose in
the fold and climb between the two layers to sleep.  She looks so cute with
her head and front legs hanging over the edge and the rest of her just a
lump under the top layer of towel.  When she doesn't want to be covered up,
she sleeps on top of it.  It's kinda like a hammock/sleep sack.  Towels
come in different sizes for different sized cages, are inexpensive, clean
well, and come in tons of colors.  If you can't find O rings, you could
probably find some kind of clips to use too.

On a not so good note, despite the food the vet gave us, Snickers is not
gaining weight.  She's lost another ounce in fact.  But she's still full of
lots of love and kisses and we cuddle as much as we can.  Despite her lack
of energy, she still finds the strength to defend herself from the sneak
attacks of the toilet plunger.  That evil thing.

Well that makes 4 down and 10 more fml's to go before I'm caught up.  OH
NO, a new one will be arriving in a few hours.  No sleep for me tonight!