From:
Jim Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 19:14:48 -0700
Hello all, It is with great pride and amazement,(1st try) that I inform
everyone that as of today, the Ferret Rescue of Maine is now US 501c3
Non-profit!!!  We received our Advance Ruling in todays mail, and are
still trying to understand all of the "mumbo-jumbo" from the tax people,
but it finally did happen.  We would like to thank Stephanie of Ferret
Services of Freedom (NH) for her help and encouragement...and her
warnings of the "fun" to be had with the paperwork and bookkeeping. :(
Now we can just sit back and wait for the money to come pouring in...
right?  LOL

Also a reminder for the people in Maine... We are having a car-wash on
Sat. May 10th, with all proceeds going to the fund for the Fryeburg Vet
Hospital.  Where: Pet Quarters - Scarborough, MeWhen: Sat.  May 10th
11:00-?  So if you are in the area, come see the ferrets, have some
snacks, and help raise some money for some great people.

Jim Kennedy
Ferret Rescue of Maine
A State licensed, Not-for-Profit ferret shelter.
Donate to rescued ferrets by clicking
igive.com or use Paypal