From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 12:49:07 -0400
Meeteetse: so far she seems to be doing better on the combo of Depro shot
and a bit less Proglycem than she did on Pred and Proglycem -- acting less
stiff-sore and those strange frantic times have stopped.  We'll see how
long this lasts given her health limitations.  She's old (8 years) and not
a good surgical candidate at all, with many things changing in her body
(insulinoma, possible adrenal tumor which has been asymptomatic but showed
up clearly in ultra-sound, benign splenic growth, growth on lumbar area of
spine, and possibly something(s) else, and yet another test still to come
back.  Now she doesn't act like there's any discomfort (even though the
spot on her spine can be consistently found manually) and she's adjusted
her posture and has some hind end weakness.  Never-the-less, she plays with
the others, cuddles and kisses, limbers herself up till she can trot, etc.
As long as she can be kept happy we'll keep asking our very kind vet (Joe
Martins at Basking Ridge Animal Hospital)to continue trying to find what
works for her.  Those of you with old ones know what this is like.  Joe
been consistently good about doing whatever he can for her even though it
means extra work.  We should all have such a pleasant and loving time with
age and illness, and be lucky enough to have medical people who care as
much...