Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:34:37 -0700
First, I want to apologise for not being on the board very much lately.
I have been extremely busy with taking care of ferrets to the point of
personal exhaustion.

Several months ago, I had to take in a number of ferrets due to their
owner needing hospitalization. After he got out, he had no place to go,
so I offered him a room so he could still be with his ferrets. I was
under the impression that he was a good man in an unfortunate situation
that loved and took good care of his ferrets. Over the course of
several weeks, it became apparent that this was not necessarily so and
I had no recourse but to make him leave. When he had a place to stay he
came and got most of his ferrets, leaving behind a couple that needed
surgery.

He also left behind the legacy of ferrets not cared for, an assortment
of illnesses and problems bagan to surface among my Shelter ferrets.
Now, due to frequent vet visits, surgeries and an ongoing health
problem in my whole extended business, I can no longer take in rescues
or adopt any out for at least a month. On top of that, the vet bill
has climbed to $1000 and unless I am able to pay it down some, they
will not allow me to bring any more of my ferrets to them.

This all has taken quite a toll on me, physically and financially. Due
to an incident last year that included false rumors and my almost
losing my shelter, help and donations have dried up. I've been coping
with all this by myself for some time. I want those that have helped
with donations to know that I really appreciate it. I also appreciate
the food donations. Now, I am in a position I hoped to never be in; I
am asking anyone willing to donate a dollar or two to help pay down the
vet bill to please feel free to do so. It really hurts and bothers me
to be begging like this, but I see no other option, things have become
desperate.

Also, is there anyone willing to put together a support raffle for my
shelter? I'm only one person and have no volunteers to help. if you can
help out you can go to www.ferretadocacynetwork.org or if you wish to
send a check or money order you can contoct Barb my partner and
treasurer at [log in to unmask] Anything would be appreciated. I
am so sorry for having to ask this and Thank you.

Susan

Northwest Arkansas Ferret Rescue Shelter