Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 09:12:33 -0700
Ok I called the vet again this morning to clarify a few things.  Skippy's
glucose level was 109 and her insulin level was 65.  Of course you have
to remember that this was also the next morning when her symptoms had kind
of gone away.  Although I don't think she ate anything.  I also want to
let you all know that the day this happened was on a Sunday when I let my
ferrets run about the house all day long.  They go find somewhere to sleep
after about 3 hours and then only get up to go potty.  I think Skippy
forgot she needed to eat in there and I don't think she ate since she had
gotten up.  Both of my ferrets sleep a lot and lay around a lot so now when
bugsy does it (even though he always has) I start to wonder although he
eats like a horse.  I now make sure that she eats something every time I
look at.  The only thing that worries me is that as soon as she gets out
of her cage she heads for the Purina Cat Chow and eats as much as she can.
When she came home from the vet she still refused to eat and I knew her
liking to the Purina Cat chow so I gave her a piece of that and she gobbled
it down like there was no tomorrow.  Now, She still eats her food in the
cage when she's in there but when she is out she'll go for that cat food
bag.  I guess it's ok It's got 31.5% in protein.  Right now I just want to
make sure that she eats.  Skippy is a very finicky eater and sometimes if
her original food even has close to a different smell she won't eat it
including not eating for days to make a point to me that it's different as
I'm panicking because she isn't eating and running back and forth to the
pet store to get her food (thank goodness Bugsy isn't picky!).

She is doing fine now like nothing had happened and I'm just worried about
her all the time.  If every one I know thinks I concentrated on my ferrets
to much before they should be around me now!!!

I really appreciate all of your help and suggestions as I am still working
through this.  I am reading everything thing that I can.  I will have to
remain with the medications for now and hope for the best.  Fortunately
we have a health pharmacy here that also does stuff for animals.  They
made me an elixer that's cherry flavored with the preds (per the vets
recommendation).  Skippy thinks it's pretty tasty so at least I don't
have a problem giving her the medication and yes I don't give it to her
until after I'm sure she ate.

Thank you and I'll keep you all updated.
Cherri