Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 12:13:49 EST
I don't know if it is just coincidence.  But I think in my experience and
in sharing E-mails with others, that 2 female ferrets might have a
tendency greater than 2 male ferrets Not to get along.  I have -once
again-the same situation.

Try this: Take them out in a carrier seperately to the pet store with
their leash and collar ready to put on.  All my ferrets adore "going
bye-bye." After a few wild and crazy trips to the store, they will be
eager to go again.  Soooo- put the 2 in the same carrier and go out.

Mini-Me was at first cureous about old Ma-we-ah.  But then she decided
to really hurt her.  She scruffs and shakes the old ferret while twisting
and turning.  The tiny old girl is screaming.  Poop is coming out.  Two
girls:one about 2 years old, and the other about 7 years old.  The 2 year
old tries to kill the old female.

I am experimenting with the carrier idea.  And it works while they are in
the carrier together-excited, afraid, doing something new with new smells.
****I have a smaller carrier ready in case I have to seperate the 2
ferrets into 2 carriers in the back seat of my car.  You can use a box
with holes punched out if you don't have 2 carriers.******

A week ago, I accidentally had both of them in the same cage all night.
No screaming or fighting.  So we are making progress.

This morning?  Mini-Me found Ma-we-ah in the hall way, and was
shaking/flipping/death gripping her again.  So I am not there yet.  But
Ma-we-ah also goes after Mini-Me now.  So the fighting is a 'little' more
fair now than 5 months ago.

I have tried the bitter apple on the neck.  Mini-Me bites a leg, or a
face.  She can really be a cruel and vicious fighter.Once she has created
a wound, she will keep going for the same spot on a ferret.  So the bitter
apple does not deter her.

But bitter apple from the pet store placed on the nap of the neck might
work for YOU and your babies, along with the carrier/new place idea.

Lisette