From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:07:11 +0000
When I lived in Florida Oliver ripped a nice big hole in my box spring.
It was a constant battle trying to patch holes.  I ended up covering
holes with stick-on floor tile (oh yeah looked REALLY pretty!!) but
eventually he'd get those loose as well.

When I moved up here to Seattle I decided to toss the box spring - I'd
buy a new one when I got up here.  But then I found Ikea and ended up
buying one of their platform-style beds that doesn't need a box spring.
The mattress goes right into the frame and the slats act as the support.
FYI - what I paid for the bed - around $129 - was probably even less
than what I would have paid for a new box spring.

Now my bed is ferret-proof and the fuzzies seem happier because with the
bed a lot lower to the floor it's MUCH easier to hop up and down from!

- Laura and The Seattle Seven at http://www.ferretocious.com