From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 21:22:33 -0500
There may be more winter storms coming sometime before Spring but our
fuzzies say that Spring is in the air.  They are getting hyper (or should
I say more hyper), some are shedding and Scooter has decided to drop his
winter weight, real quick.  These guys can loose so much weight in just a
few days.  Scooter can't afford to loose any though.  Like some skinny
people, we can't get any weight on him if our life depended on it.  Just
the opposite of our chubby Mookie.  There doesn't appear to be anything
wrong, it was just his time to drop his weight.

With all this talk about animals and emotions, I for one have had too much
evidence to prove they do have emotions.  I will never believe otherwise.
I work in a library and today I stumbled across a video about animals and
their emotions.  It is in another library (Guelph University) and I have
called it over so it will be interesting to see what angle it takes.  I
will certainly keep you posted on that.

In the last little while when Sadie was so sick, Josie, another one of our
seniors also got quite sick.  We knew this was coming but we were hoping
for the best.  She too has an enlarged heart, an enlarged spleen,
Insulinoma, she likely has adrenal disease and who knows what else.  Along
with the Insulinoma is severe hind end weekness and she hasn't been walking
on them for a while now.  This means frequent hind end washes (which she
absolutely hates) because she cannot stand up properly to go to the
bathroom and often slides in her messes.  Last week we increased her meds
and she got diahrea.  Poor little thing.  What a smelly little babe.  She
is much better now again but still can't bear weight on her back legs.
Because her blood counts are so low and because of her age, she is
certainly not surgery material so we are keeping her as comfortable as we
can and giving her snuggles and hugs to cheer her up.  There is another
heartbreak on the horizon - we have seen it coming for a while now.  We are
trying to enjoy her while she is still with us.

Snuggle your kids often.  You new know how long you are going to have them
with you.

Take care.
Tryntje Miller.