From:
Todd Cromwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 23:49:03 -0700
Regarding Hobbes' escape out the front door: this is why where I have lived I
set up a 2 foot high piece of paneling in front of my door or door/hallway.
This "Ferretlock" means the ferrets can not get to the door (or near it in
my case).  One could make stairs on the other side in case they jump over,
but mine never jump it.  (At least it would delay them if they were jumpers.
If they did jump it and you weren't home, could be without food and water...
reason to put water bottle over there or to make sure someone checks on them
if you'll be gone overnight.) Only problem with barricades is when you trip
over them and fall... I damaged myself the other day this way... be careful.

Todd Cromwell III  Dors and Seldon