From:
Kym Isear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 05:56:23 -0400
Thank you all so much for the helpful responses to my little girl's plight.
It is really great to be part of this mailing list!

To answer Dick B. - I made the vet repeat the disease to me and he said it
was IBD BUT he also said it was part of Proliferative Bowl Disease.  Do you
know more on this disease?  Please write me if you do and have any
suggestions or precautions.

To Zen - I was shocked when I looked in the Net for IBD and found it under
Crohn's.  It is amazing.  Fortunate for ferrets, my vet told me they grow
out of it.  I wish it were the same for people.  I don't have it but I know
2 people who do.

Widget is home and sleeps most of the time.  I give her 0.5 ml. of
Cefa-drops twice a day.  She seems to like them but doesn't like HAVING to
eat it.  Once she starts licking the dropper, after pushing it between her
lips, her whole face changes to "UMMM, this isn't bad".  She still stumbles
though, heartbreaking to watch.  It is like she had a stroke and lost some
of her motor skills, especially in her hind end.  I'm giving it until
Monday and then I'm calling my vet if she isn't at least getting more
coordinated.  Thanks again for the warm thoughts and the post card is
adorable, what a clever idea!

I'm so sorry to hear of Tinder, I cried so hard I couldn't see the screen.
My heart truly goes out to those who lose these precious little sweethearts.

Kym
Oso (why isn't Widget playing with us, Mom?)
Widget (zzzzz)