From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 10:55:29 EST
Re: Colour Blindness
I know what scientists say about various animals like dogs and ferrets being
color blind, but I never have believed it.  I've seen more than one animal
have a seeming perference in color.  I don't believe that their vision is as
acute detail-wise as ours, but I think they see far more colors than they
are given credit for seeing.  I don't believe that I'm just
anthropomorphising the animals...it's just observations that I've had.

Re: Bubba
My condolences on Bubba's passing.  The loss of a loved one is hard whether
they be 2 or 4 legged.  Finding another little fuzzhead to share your life
with is good advice in my opinion, but take it at your own pace.  Just try
visiting a shelter or breeder or whatever and see if someone grabs your
heart or calls out to you.  They won't be Bubba, but they will be special
and unique in their own way and possibly can touch your heart in the way
Bubba did.  If it doesn't feel right, don't adopt, but I can tell you that I
never saw a fuzzy I didn't want to take home!  ;)

Re: BeastMaster III
Who cares if it isn't a great cinematic masterpiece?  I don't.  I just think
it's cool to see ferrets in a movie portrayed in a positive manner.  They're
little thieves not the baby-mangling, eco-dangers that some misguided folks
would have you believe!  I'm sure that more than just a few folks here saw
their first ferret in "The BeastMaster." I'm not one, but I think my husband
is.  ;)

'sides, bad movies can be very entertaining.  I'd rather watch a B-movie
creature-feature shown at 3am than most of those made-for-tv,
based-on-true-life dramas that always seem to fill prime-time tv.  Let me
tell you "Plan 9 From Outer Space" is tons more fun to watch that

-kim, squirt (My favorite colors are red and green.), pippi (I like any color
so long as it is sock shaped!), atlas (Brown, kibble is brown.), and
hijinx (Is 'skin' a color? It's my fav' to nip!)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.