From:
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 08:50:25 -0800
>From:    Ashael Rave <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Fuzzy's vet trip and neutering operation
>when i got Fuzzy i noticed he got only one testicle.  i asked some people
>about it and was told that the testicle may be in the belly.

Its not "uncommon" to have a ferret with a retained testicle.  Not really
common either though.  The breeders we work with would never consider
breeding one of these as there could be a hereditary fault here.

The retained testicle can let a hob go into season but he would likely be
sterile due to "cooking" the semen.

A retained testicle isn't really "in the belly" but a vet would probably
know where to look.

>From:    crissie <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret that kills things!

Yes a ferret is a carnivore.  This is not murder as murder is human concept
involving the killing of a fellow human.  If you do not want a pet that is
capable of killing another animal in this manner do not keep a carnivore:
dog, cat or ferret.  If you do keep a carnivore then you should not keep
"prey" for that carnivore.  Tough rules but hard to escape.  You can with
careful and meticulous care keep both but "accidents" can happen again.

We are terribly sorry for you all and the iguana.

>From:    "K. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Ferrets and Baby Cries
>Since I have a ferret and double the baby cries due to twins I have had
>no trouble at all with the ferret "freaking out" when the babies cry.  He
>isn't...

One of the key things is you said "He".  Most males don't have much maternal
instinct after all.  Paternal instinct in ferrets is minimal.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]