From:
Michelle Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 01:04:54 -0600
It would be hard to say since I dont know what your cage looks like.  Are
the ramps made of wood?  In our cage the ramps are of wire, the same as the
cage, and I have not altered them, but it sounds like you have one of those
special jobbies.  My suggestion would be this, to cover the ramps with
burlap and either staple them or velcro them underneath.  Then when you
change your beddings, just pull off the burlap and wash it along with the
bedding.

It is so hard to fight fleas, because you have to really do everything at
once to get them all.  We had to resort to taking Seven dust and sweeping it
with a broom into the carpet for somthing like 3 weeks to make sure to get
all of them since they go through the different stages of development.  And
while doing that we had to make sure our ferret did not go on the carpet the
whole three weeks, he was limited to the kitchen and dining room where it
was tiled.  IT was a pain, but worth it for his safety's sake.  Then after
the 3 weeks we vacumed well (including furniture) and washed all his stuff
and cleaned and mopped the tile areas to get any stragglers.  Then he got a
good bath before he was let down.  Since then we have not seen a single flea.

Good luck with the battle!
Michelle Phillips