From:
Jason Poole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 22:06:59 -0600
Hi all.

Thanks for your great responses to my last post.  I receive e-mails from
a couple of different sources, asking for the cage and items to be
donated to Frontier Ferrets.  I have decided that once Klondike no
longer needs the cage, I will donate it to Frontier Ferrets.

As of now, it looks like Frontier Ferrets will have to wait a little
while before getting the cage. :-) (seeing that Klondike is doing much
better.)  Here is an update that I sent out to a few people earlier:

***
Here is an update on Klondike.

Yesterday, after some X-rays, it was obvious that there was a strange
little object in the intestine and there was a lot of gas in the
intestine.  It was determined that surgery was required.

So surgery was performed and the foreign object was found, but it was on
the "outside" of the intestine.  The vet found something that looked like
a calcium deposit that was stuck to the outside wall of the intestine.
He removed it and checked for any blockages.  There wasn't any.  His
bladder, stomach, pancreas, and other organs all looked fine.  The vet
sewed him back up, and now we are just waiting.  The vet called me about
1 hour ago and told me that he was doing well.  I will pick him up at
5:00 tonight.

Honestly, I am not sure how long he will be with us.  He may go soon or
he may surprise us and stick around for another few years (although my
heart tells me otherwise).

However, I have a job here in Ogden and I expect to remain in this area
for a number of years.  Therefore, when Klondike is no longer in need of
the cage, I will gladly donate it to Frontier Ferrets.

***

As of this minute, Klondike is passing formed but soft stools.  He does
look like he is getting better.  I hope and pray that he is.

Thanks again for all of the prayers on behalf on Klondike.

Hug your Fuzzies  :-)

Jason and Nicole (the humans)
Doris, Klondike, Cutie and Chance (the fuzzy owners of the humans)