From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 1995 10:42:44 -0500
Anthony Agliata <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Out of the blue, one of my babies, Daisy, got the hang of loading
> her mouth up with food- then darting for her favorite private place
> to chow down-then back to the bowl,then hide and eat, ad infinitum.

Sometimes Rusty eats straight out of the bowl, but about half the time
-- especially when I've just filled the bowl -- he grabs a mouthful,
runs to a corner, sticks only his head under a towel, and eats there.
Pixxel does the same, but she goes under the chair.  Great fun to watch.

Michael Pereira <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> our vet said its a less expensive version of the Sience Diet cat
> foods, anyway Cal seems to like it but he eats less than he used to
> [...]
> what is the best possible choice for ferret food that also
> (unfortunately) fits into a student's (read poor) budget?  the stuff
> he's on now [...] protein is a min of 35% and the crude fat content
> is 20%

If it's mainly animal protein, what he's on now sounds like a good
choice.  Pretty much any of the other pet store foods would be good,
too, and it doesn't cost much to feed a ferret.  As you noticed,
ferrets can get more nourishment from the higher quality foods, so
they eat less.  A $10, 8-pound (roughly 3.75 kg) bag should last you a
couple of months.

- Pam in Rochester, NY  <[log in to unmask]>
friend to Pixxel and Rusty the sneezin' snoozers
Ferret FAQ - rtfm.mit.edu in pub/usenet/news.answers/ferret-faq/part[1-5]
Ferret Central - <http://www.ceas.rochester.edu:8080/ee/users/rhode/>