From:
silver e <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 02:58:48 -0500
Hi Ferret Lovers

We had a neighbor child who had head lice.  The mother sought a natural
remedy and found that Tea Tree Oil could be used to kill Lice and if used
on a regular basis could help prevent their return.

My Mom has a small dog who had fleas.  Mom is really into natural remedies,
so she looked up Tea Tree Oil in her natural remedy book.  It is apparently
good for a number of things, including lice, it's a good antiseptic,
anti-fungal and is used for many other ailments.  Mom used it on "Spice"
for her fleas and Mom said she's never seen fleas die so fast.

Tea Tree Oil can be obtained in your local health food store or pharmacy.
You add a few drops to your shampoo and bathe the animal.

I use it on a daily basis for eczema that focuses itself in my scalp.  When
I use it, I Mix about 10ml in a whole bottle of my favorite shampoo.  Keeps
the itch and dry scalp under control.  I've never been infested with fleas
so I've never had to use it on the ferrets, but I would if I had a problem.

I can't help but wonder about the fossilized treasures that I find hidden
in the back, dark corners of my "undie" drawer.  How many people do you
know that can boast a find like, donuts, date squares.  potatoes, squeak
toys, to mention only a few.  Getting dressed in the morning, has become an
adventure, "digging for buried treasure" Would it be difficult to convince
you, or anyone else for that matter, that I have ferrets in my house ??<g>

Sally St. Germain and her 9 "Little Saints." ??