From:
Dani Lucking <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 08:14:31 -0500
Weezer is our 6 year old rescue ferret.  She has battled her insulinoma
hard, but the adrenal cancer in addition has been too much for her lately.
She has lost all the weight we fought to put on her and more.  I have
never had to put an animal to sleep, and she has such a will to live, but
I cannot pretend she will get better this time.  Our friend, who is an
excellent vet, will help her today to cross over to the rainbow bridge
where she will be healthy again.  It is so very hard, but she is suffering
so much.  She can no longer get from her sleeping places to her food or
litter box.  She is either incoherent or just too weak to get there.  I am
glad to have known her.  She is an immensely sweet little girl, always
ready to give some kisses if interrupted from running her laps around the
room.  I am sorry that her original owner didn't want her anymore.  I will
go with her and hold her to let her know someone cares.  We will bury her
out in the garden in one of her favorite sleeping bags.  It's not just
losing Weezer, it's like losing Harvey and Chester all over again.