From:
Laurie Overton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 07:48:01 -0400
Hi Everyone
I am new to this list & find it a fantastic resource for info.  I hope I
can now help out some people.  If you do not have air conditionong & want
to keep your ferrets cool, just get those blue ice packs that you put in
portable freezers, or any type of plastic water or pop bottles will do
fine.  Freeze them solid.  Wrap it in a towel & put it in your fuzzie's
cage.  It is important to wrap it in a towel so your little fuzzybutts will
not get frostbite or freezer burn!!  If your ferret gets too hot it will
snuggle up to it or lie on it.  Voila---no overheated fuzzy!  This works
great also if you have no air conditioning in your car, put a frozen ice
pack in your ferret's cage or carrier.  Hope this helps someone!