From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:44:01 -0400
Sarah, I hope you have an experienced ferret vet and a lot of information
on breeding ferrets before you undertake such a responsibility.

I would recommend bringing your ferret to the vet for a check up before
she goes into heat.  Go to the bookstore or library and get some books on
ferret breeding so that you can be fully prepared on what to expect.  A
very informative book is Ferret for Dummies by Kim Schilling.  Ignore the
name, it's a great book for ferret novices and experts!

If your ferret has babies are you prepared to provide or find safe,
loving homes for these ferrets?

Please be sure that you are fully informed on ferret's needs before you
make the decision to breed them.

Risa