From:
April Gallaty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 19:15:12 -0400
Well, I am going to try really hard not to bash, slam or attack Silly
Girl.  I agree with BIG.  The topics are sorted.  Go straight for the
medical topics or the topics that are asking for help.  This way, you
read what you want and don't get any of the stuff you don't want.

I don't personally read the entire FML.  I do skip around and pick and
choose.  I too don't have all day to read the FML and it is big.  I look
for the ones that look light and lifting, I read the medically topical
ones and I look around to see if anyone has lost a fuzzy that may need a
comforting word.  I don't always have the time to write to everyone, but
everyone doesn't write me when I have issues.  I also like to write in
and share fun stuff and I love to see the happy, joyous things that
others write about.

As far as the Sandee posts go, don't bash that.  These animals are our
kids.  It's very heart breaking to us when we loose a baby and they are
our babies.  You may not understand it, you may not choose to understand
it, and you may not even agree, but that's the way we are and you have
the right not to like it.  But when people loose their pets that are
their babies and parts of their family, they hurt.  They reach out to the
only people who understand, feel sympathy and can offer words of love,
help and encouragement in a bad time for them.  That is the FML.  I don't
know how many wonderful cards and notes I've gotten from complete
strangers telling me they are sorry for my loss when I lost Zeus and
Hermes.  But, those cards were like a friendly pat on the back that said,
"I've been there.  I'm sorry.  Cry to me if you want to." I think I could
have written any of those folks back and boo'd my eyes out and written my
heart out to them and they would have comforted me.  Not only is that
great, that's what it's about.  We need the medical updates, law notices
in various states, etc., but we as humans that love and feel sorrow need
the back up of a community that understands us.

Finally, there are people that feed their ferrets rats and that's life.
Just like you feed cow, chicken etc.  (assuming your are not a vegetarian
or vegan) to your family.  It may be a little cruel that they joke about
it (and that may be wrong, but I am not going to judge on that), but
ferrets are carnivores and they need to eat.  Some feel that this is a
superior diet and feel that they are doing the best they can do for their
ferret babies.  I respect that.  I had a snake and fed it rats.  That's
life.  It's the circle of things.

In all honesty Silly, your child's pet rat has gone to the bridge and it
plays with all the ferrets, dogs, cats, birds and pigs, etc.  that are
there at the bridge.  That rat is safe, happy and loving it and will be
waiting on you.  If it's not your belief, be assured that your rat has
gone to a place that is better and with no pain and will be waiting for
you where ever your afterlife takes you.

Hugs and happiness and peace to you and all the fuzzies and families out
there and to all the sick and homeless fuzzies, too.

Hugs and Poinginess - April
http://www.gallaty.com
http://www.proudpickers.com
http://www.assholeclub.com