From:
Steven Woodcock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Nov 1994 10:18:09 -0700
> From: Derrick Smith <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Sat, 26 Nov 1994 21:56:02 -0500 (EST)
> Subject: Christmas Trees
>

> Seasons Greetings Everyone,
>
> About Christmas Trees, this year will be our third with ferrets.
> So far no major accidents. To solve the problem of ferrets
> drinking the tree's water, we wrap a little chicken wire around
> the stand and base of the tree. It still leaves plenty of room
> for adding water and drives the ferrets nuts trying to get at it.
> We haven't had any tree climbers yet but, wish us luck, this year
> we have doubled our ferret population. We now have 7 (8 including
> guest ferret), and last year only 3. How the new ferrets will react
> to the tree is anyones guess. We hang unbreakable ornaments near
> the bottom just in case they want to play.
>
> Happy Holidays & Ferret Adventures
>
> Linda, Derrick &
> Taz, Pepe, Gossamer, Daphne, Elmer, Barnyard Mac, Speedy &
> (guest) Boomer

   We have seven of the carpet sharks outselves.  Last Christmas we came
home from some shopping to discover Minx (our one-eyed wonder) about halfway
up the tree and Puck (her albino protoge') preparing to make the ascent
himself.  They'd done surprisingly little damage, all things considered--just
some of the large ornamens on the bottom branches had been knocked off.

   Minx was most annoyed that we didn't let her finish her 'trip to the star'.

Steve and Colleen
Continually Matching Wits with Missy, Newone, Zebulon Pike,
                               Minx, Slinky, Puck, and Ripple