From:
- Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2006 08:08:24 EDT
Hi everyone.  I hope you are all enjoying the beauty of fall and kisses
from your ferret baby or babies.

Jackie at Dook Nook has need of a few volunteers for a month or so, if
anyone can help out.  Her loyal helper is in the hospital, and Jackie is
having some health issues ...to say the least.

She has taken in another shelters babies right after a hoard of
neglected, dying, and medically compromised ferrets arrived.  Even the
young ones have tumors, or cardyomyopathy, or are early adrenal.  We all
know the vet expenses for the tests to determine what is wrong per ferret
are enormous.  The meds themselves can be $40 a bottle per ferret per
month.  Lupron shots are $50 a month.  That is what I am paying.  All
these poor babies are costing Dook Nook thousands of dollars.

So if you are looking for a special ferret gift for yourself or someone
runni ng a shelter...please look at the one of a kind ferret shadow box
put on ebay by Princess Pepper of SOS and consider it.
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200028739680>

So many of us donate so much in terms of money, things we make,
volunteering.  The FML folks make a tremendous difference the lives of
thousands of ferrets.

Thank you all for the huge hearts out there.  You melt mine.  Can anyone
out there help?

Thank you very much.

Lisette