From:
"T. Newman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 05:34:51 -0800
fuzziedad said**
>or your own reasons you got rid of these pets that you had agreed to take
>care of.  Now because things didn't work out as you planned, you want them
>back.  I know that if I had taken any of them you wouldn't get them back.
>I do know of what I speak.  I recently adopted another ferret, because I
>really wanted him, and his (then) ferret Mom decided, for her own reasons
>that she didn't want them anymore.  If she were to change her mind now, I
>am sorry but that would just be too bad.  And I like her too, but she will
>never get him back.  You can't treat pets as if they are disposable.

I read this post and I can understand your point a bit.  I used to think
like that.  Your reply kind of "hit a nerve" with me.  I am now placed in
a position as to where I must find a home for my baby ferrets.  I have a
4 month old daughter that was diagnosed with reactive airway disease - a
precursor to asthma.  She also seems to be allergic to everything but she
is too young to diagnose her with allergies just now.  My daughter has had
several attacks and has been to the hospital more than I have in that past
year.  I am not just getting rid of my pets or treating them as if they are
disposable.  I love my baby ferrets with all of my heart, they mean so much
to me.  They made me smile and laugh when other things in my life could
only make me cry.  My ferrets curl up on my bed and sleep with me when they
know I am lonely - I don't put them there, they come on their own accord.
It is hurting me to the core to have to find a home for my babies.  But
what can I do.  Should I endanger my childs' welfare because of my own
selfish wants.  I would be selfish to keep them.  I would only think of how
I feel.  Unfortunately, I can't do that.  I think that one must look at all
sides of the story before passing judgement.  I have been ridiculed for
needing to find a home for my fids (ferret kids) and I think it is unjustly
so.  Ferrets were not a hobby for me, they were part of my family.  I am
sure that others out there who must find homes for their fids for one
reason or another feel the same way.

I have stood on my soap box enough.

Be Blessed,
Tammy
in N. VA

=====
Tamara and Taylor Newman

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his
might.  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand
against the schemes of the devil.  Ephesians 6:10, 11