From:
Dee Eisenman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 07:55:12 PST
I wanted to say a big thank you to both BIG and to Eric S. for instructing
me on the Realplayer stuff.  I am not a computer expert and it was
difficult to find the free version on the site.  I have and thank you -
the videos are great!  I hope you continue to make more.

As for Mr. (or Mrs.?) Killian's comments towards me on this, I think they
were out of line.  I bet several people have had difficulty finding what I
requested also (or they may).  Why is it that you are so quick to assume
the worst?  Why so defensive on a question?  I urge that you follow what
BIG posted awhile back that both your party and I NOT direct posts towards
each other or mention names.  He asked this of us awhile back and until
now, I have been compliant.  This will be the last time your name will be
brought up in any of my posts and it is a plea that you stop starting
arguments with me on this forum.  Other readers do not need to see it.  You
dislike me, I dislike you, let it be.  Quit reading things into my posts.

Thank you to BIG for all of his time and energy in moderating this list -
you have been very fair in this matter, and it is appreciated.

On teeth cleaning...I was looking at my ferret's teeth last night to see if
they are needing a major cleaning.  One had some curly plaque and it was
suggested by my vet previously that I could simply scrape it off with my
finger (this does not work).  The ferretstore.com carries some scrapers but
they are very large to use.  Here is my thought, would pipe cleaners (metal
stick with bristles) work for cleaning?  Any thoughts?  I know I would have
to be careful not to hit the gums.

To Sonya Grable:
I am sorry that you just found my post, but what I was referring to from
your original post was not that you got information on medical stuff from
afar and did not go to a vet, I was referring to where you stated that you
think it is ok for vets to diagnose without seeing the ferret.  I was not
accusing you in any way, shape or form.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.
DO NOT BLAME YOURSELF for Renny's passing.  I know you did your best.  You
are a good ferret mom.  I hope that you are eventually comforted in knowing
this, Renny loves you and is waiting for you.  Again, accept my apology if
you felt that this is what I was insinuating of you.  Emails are not always
the best way to communicate and I often blame myself for wording things
wrong.

To Bill on the loss of Slinky:
Yes, ferrets mourn.  You need to keep a close eye and if your ferret
continues not not eat, etc...a vet visit is necessary.  I know it is even
harder on you every time you see your ferret display this behavior, but it
will pass.  All you can do is keep a close watch and give plenty of love
and extra attention.  Obviously, you already do this.

Thank you Troy Lynn for your post.  I, too, have been made fun of for my
love of animals.  Some people just cannot understand, and I don't care, I
will continue to obsess over ferrets.  You are a blessing to all the
ferrets in your care and I am sorry for your recent loss.

Dookers to everyone.

[Moderator's note: You are correct, we all did agree to a moratorium on
posts mentioning you or the Killians.  Sorry I let it through.  BIG]