From:
sargentcolburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:23:40 -0400
Dear Ferret Folks-

This weekend I wrote a little story in which Switch the Kit and Sabrina
the Bat-Biter speculate about life, death, and the nature of the Rainbow
Bridge.  Sabrina has all her answers now, because she made her trip
across the Bridge tonight.

I like to think that she was greeted by her friends Don't, sister of No,
and her former cagemate Maya the Moose.  I can't imagine that Sabrina
would go to all the trouble of crossing the Bridge just so that she could
check out the fruit bar.  She was not that kind of a girl.  I think that
she, along with Don't and Maya are taking in a live Elvis concert
tonight, and they have already had waaaay too many margaritas, and have
begun to call out rude things to the nearest hobs, but that's just my
take on things.

She was a noble weasel.  She always lived life on her own terms.  Sabrina
was a Zen's ferret, healthy and long-lived.  She is survived by her
partner Switch the Kit, who understands that her friend is gone.  We let
Switch sniff Sabrina all over so that she knows what has happened.  We
are all very sad.

I remember the words I attributed to her this weekend.  "Someday I will
die, child.  It's the nature of things.  If we didn't die it wouldn't
mean anything that we had lived, our lives would have no significance."
Sabrina the Bat-Biter was a weasel of significance.

Goodbye, Sabrina. Get one of those scarves from Elvis for me, girl.

Alexandra in Massachusetts