From:
Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2010 18:40:16 -0400
No. 421 greets EmmaWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and Shadeoeoeoeo

No. 421 and Oliver had just finished transplanting the little raisin
bushes he had ordered when Bluebird came fluttering up and perched on
a fence post.

"I has a ticket here with two fuzzies dat belong to Sue and David,"
Bluebird chirped. " They is part of the Winchester Weasel gang, so
dey has plenty of friends and family here."

No. 421 brushed himself off, told Oliver to pick up the tools and get
cleaned up.

"Go down to the Winchester Weasel Camp and find D'Weezil," he said.
"Tell him that EmmaWeeeee and Shadeoeoeo are here."

"Do they have a place for these two," Oliver asked. "Or should I tell
them to start building a couple new rooms?"

"If I know D'Weezil, he has a space all ready," No. 421 said. "That
gang is always doing something. Now run along and let me get to the
Bridge."

No. 421 looked around his garden. He and Oliver had done a wonderful
job. If every little tree grew, he would have enough raisins for a
little Farm Stand.

No. 421 started off to the Bridge while Oliver went down to the
Winchester Weasel camp. The Winchesters were out sunning themselves and
taking a much-earned rest. The crew had been building onto their mound
and had quite a complex.

"Hello Mr. D'Weezil, I has some news for you," Oliver said. "We has two
ferrets from your earthly family arriving and No. 421 wanted to know if
you had a room ready?"

Everyone sat up and started dooking at once. "Who is coming, where are
they, and when can we meet them?" several ferrets spoke at once.

Oliver did not know which ferret asked which question so he just nodded
and said they were arriving at any moment.

The Winchester Weasels began to run towards the compound gate. They
jumped and dooked and everyone tried to get through at once. Oliver
tried to move out of the way, but slipped and landed on the grass.

When the stampede was over, he sat up, pushed the hair out of his
eyes, and straightened his clothes. In the distance he could hear
the Winchesters dooking and yelling and calling to EmmaWeeeeeeeeee
Weeeeeeee, and Shadeoeoeeeeoooooeoeoe in a long wailing tone! They
left in such a rush they left the barbeque cooking.

At the Bridge, No. 421 had just settled down to wait when heard a
stampede of feet and saw the crowd running to the Bridge. They stomped
across the planks making a sound like thunder and came to a skidding
halt. Two elderly girl ferrets were walking up the path to the Bridge.
They stopped and looked up. From the middle of a big cloud of dust,
they heard someone calling Hi EmmaWeeeee and Shadeoeoeoe.

The two girls were immediately surrounded by the Winchester Gang and
hugged. EmmaWeeee and Shadeoeoeo were hoisted up on Winchester and
D'Weezil's shoulders and carried to the Bridge. As the procession
crossed the Bridge, No. 421 got up out of his chair and welcomed the
new comers.

"Welcome to the Rainbow Bridge," No. 421 said. "We usually help the
new ferrets get adjusted and find family. Seems like you have already
found yours.

"We has everything under control." D'Weezil dooked. "We has a couple of
rooms built and waiting, and we are ready to take these ladies home to
our complex. No. 421, you did a great job sending what's his name to
tell us, and we are very happy to have EmmaWeeee and Shadeoeoeoe with
us."

Shooting Star was waiting to see if her delivery services were needed.
EmmaWeeeee said she would like to send a message home to Sue and David
that she and Shadeoeoeoeoe had arrived and were warmly welcomed by the
rest of the Winchesters.

Shooting Star said she would deliver it tonight, and D'Weezil invited
everyone down to the complex for a cookout. Before Oliver had arrived
they had been planning to barbeque some N'Bones and roast raisins.

"Speaking of Oliver," No. 421 said. "What happened to him?"

"Must be we left him at the compound," Winchester said. "We will pick
him up on the way back." And with that, the happy group left to go to
their camp.

Oliver sat on the grass for a while, and tried to wipe the muddy
footprints off of himself. Since no one was tending the barbeque, he
decided to keep things going until they came back. He was roasting
some raisins and adding more barbeque sauce to the N'Bones when the
happy group rounded the bend.

"Hey Oliver," D'Weezil said. "We were wondering what happened to you.
First you were here, and then you were gone. Hey thanks for doing the
barbeque -- you are a great cook."

No. 421 arrived looking for Oliver who was serving up a delicious meal.
No. 421 and Oliver enjoyed some roasted raisins, N'Bones and some of
Bakin' Bertha's crusty rolls.

They finished up their dinner and No. 421 and Oliver said their
goodbyes and started up the path for home.

Once inside, Oliver headed for the shower and No. 421 wrote in his
logbook. Mission accomplished. EmmaWeeeee and Shadeoeoeoe arrived at
the Bridge and were immediately welcomed by the family. Everyone
enjoyed a barbeque cooked by Oliver. That was strange, because I never
knew Oliver could cook like that. He really dressed for the occasion
using mud to spike his hair into a style I had never seen him with
before, and he wore a paw print on his cheek throughout the cookout.
I'm not sure what happened, but it is probably better that I do not
ask.