From:
Krishna Nobleness <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 18:40:31 -0500
Well, now I have two potential sick fuzzbutts.  Luna's poop looks better,
but she seems as if she may not be drinking her water.  We've been giving
her pedialyte to keep her rom being dehydrated.  She isn't too crazy about
the fruit flavor, and I have the scratches to prove it!  :)  I'll have to
try some others. I can't tell if she's eating or not, as she keeps
scattering her food (she isn't too happy about solitary confinement). She
shivers a lot though, and she feels as if she may have lost some weight.
Also, yesterday Clover vomited in his cage. It was only once, but I decided
I'd call the vet anyway, since Luna's been sick too. He said we should watch
Clover and if he vomits some more, bring him in. (We gave him pedialyte
too). He hasn't again, so we're hoping it was just a one time thing. The vet
also said to bring in a stool sample from Luna, which he tested and found to
be ok, except for some "yellow crystals", which led him to believe they were
eating something weird.  I can't imagine what, but we all know how they like
to scavenge and hide things, so who knows if they did or not. I do have a
question, though: I don't know how knowledgeable our vet is. He's been
taking care of ferrets for a while, and he owned one himself for several
years, but I guess I just want o be reassured by others too. :) I see Dr.
Neitzel at the Heritage Animal Hospital in Champaign, IL. Has anyone ever
heard of him/gone to him? Or does anyone know of a vet in central IL they'd
recommend? Just curious. ALso, if anyone with experience in ferret illnesses
has read this and would like to dispute my vet's advice or the care we're
giving our fuzzies, please e-mail me. They seem to be getting better, but
I'm still worried.  Thanks!

Kristi and the Mustelid Mob of Mayhem
        Mayonnaise, Clover, Luna, and new baby Loki

ferrets are like potato chips...you can't have just one!