From:
robbie kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:59:50 CDT
Hi fuzzlovers!

I need some help with a problem I am having with one of my newer fuzzies.
He was returned to a petstore after a yr.  We suppose, because he did not
act like an animal on a particular Disney cartoon, as he was named after
the same character.  We call him Boots.  He sits at his water, and drinks,
and drinks, until he chokes.  Just like a toddler with a bottle that gets
the liquid in the 'wrong pipe'.  We suspect that he did not get enough
water when he lived with his 'other family' and that his water was in a
dish.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  It is a really upsetting
situation.  He does not need help to stop choking, and right after his
choking fit, goes ahead and does the same thing over again.  He generally
does this repeatedly with the same results (choking) about 4 or five times,
until, I suppose he is satisfied.

Has anyone else ever had a similar experience?  Will he be a little more
secure in the water situation when he realizes he will always have enough?
We do keep 2 water bottles accessible, and they are *never* allowed to run
out.

Dooks to all
Robbie, Stephen and fuzzies (Slinky, Chance, and Boots)