From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 07:33:15 -0700
Two days ago, my heart just about stopped when I came home from work and
went to the cage to greet my babies.  There was Slinky, on his side with
his paws straight out in front, his eyes half closed.  I blew in his
face...no response.  I poked my fingers thru the cage and squeezed his
nose...no response.  Terrified, I ripped the cage door open and pulled out
a limp spagetti piece of ferret.  I turned him over and picked up his head
and... The S.O.B. yawned, blinked, stretched out, and looked up at me as
if to say "Oh, hey, Ma, how was your day?" Ack!  Damn dead ferret syndrome!

Then yesterday, I was letting the four kids out of the big cage and Gizmo
was still sleeping deep inside a sweatshirt.  So I pulled back the opening
and he was laying there in a "U" shape.  I picked up his head and it
flopped back down.  I grabbed him by the shoulders and started to pull him
out, and he didn't move.  His head fell to the side and he literally felt
like "dead weight."  I flipped him over and squeezed his nose, shook his
head, rubbed his body up and down.  Then slowly one eye then the other
slid open.  He yawned and looked at me like "What the hell do you WANT?!"
AAAAAH!  Victim twice in two days!  If this keeps up, I'm gonna need one
of those heart zappers they use in hospitals to get mine going again!

On a side note, I got a kick out of listening to the radio this morning.
WHFS, an alternative-type station here in the Baltimore area, is holding
its annual all-day music bash, the HFStival this Saturday and Tiffany
Taylor is going to be a guest!  They had her on the radio reading the rules
for attendance.  I hope she doesn't take any of her furkids along, they'll
just end up drunken loonies like the rest of the attendees.  Anyone on the
FML from around here going?

Cheers!
Aileen & the herd
Slinky (hey, Kyle, it's your turn, let's see if we can
get her again today!), Gizmo, Kyle, Noel, & Sandy
===
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."