Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2009 20:14:22 -0700
Rhys, a well-over four-pound chocolate godzilla-ferret, doesn't seem
to be getting enough water from the two water bottles attached to his
and Frost's cage. Every time I offer him a dish of water, he drinks at
least two ounces! Frost, a thinning old albino, doesn't seem to feel
he is missing out on water, usually ignoring a dish of water. My
conclusion is this: I need to add a water bowl to the cage for Rhys.

Now, many of you FMLers (especially shelter folk) have experience with
a wide variety of ferret bowl models. I'm looking for something that
attaches securely to the cage, so my industrious weasels don't knock
it over or out of its brackets, and it has to be deep enough to hold
perhaps two days of water for one mega-furkid. I may even change their
food bin to a regular attach-to-the-cage-type bowl, as the Marshall
J-Feeder isn't working out well. The J-Feeder seems to be made for
small spherical kibble, not the small stick-like Marshall food; the
food just doesn't fall down to fill the bin from the tank (Not to
mention, the darn thing didn't come with a lid -- it's situated with a
shelf directly over the top to prevent digging in the food tank part.).
I cut a bit more plastic off the opening between tank and bin, which
helps some, but it is certainly not ideal.

So, let me know the brand/model of a tried-and-true bowl that attaches
to the cage, and, if you have the time, let me know where to get it
too.

Oh, and thanks to the many FMLers who responded to the jewelry question
from the April 20th issue of the FML!

With respect,
Lori
Ferrets: Rhys and Frost
(Missing: Arthur "Art", Lancelot "Lance", Loki, Merlin "Mery", Nikita
"Niki", Pirate "Rat", Sandy, and Smokey)
Cats: Reaganne and Little Miss
(Missing: Kovu)