From:
Carla Almaraz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 15:13:35 -0700
>Remember with Echinacea that it should NOT be given with certain meds.

Nor should it be added to an everyday diet.  Echinacea is recommended to be
given for a period and then off for a period.  It is *NOT* a food
supplement!

>The vet told her the tumor was "huge", which means if it was as big
>as the "huge" tumor he removed from a rescue case of mine last summer,
>it was as big as the end of your little finger.

My vet once pointed to a quart jar in his office and asked me if I knew
what was in the jar.  It looked like a 6 ounce lobster tail but it was,
in fact, an adrenal tumor he had just removed from a medium sized female
ferret.  The tumor was about 3.5 to 4 inches long by 1.5 inches wide and
had ridges on it similar to the meat in a lobster tail.  I saw the ferret
about 10 days after the surgery and couldn't figure out how a tumor that
big could be hiding in her little body.

-Carla (not the shelter mom)