From:
Bettina Krause <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 14:42:57 +0100
Hi everybody,

I'd like to introduce myself, I'm a german ferret-owner, living close to
the main city Berlin.  I own three female ferrets, Ronja is now 7 1/2 y.o.,
Lisa and Julia are nearly 2 y.o.  I own Ronja for 7 years, I got her after
the closing of a mink farm, fortune smiled on her, she didn't become the
collar of a mink coat....

But since two years I know she's having adrenal disease, lost hair, swollen
vulva and last year she needed surgery.  Our vet removed her left adrenal
gland and as much as possible of the tumour of the right adrenal gland.
After surgery Ronja felt better.

But now, 11 months later, she lost hair again, has a swollen vulva and
behaved very excited.  Another surgery is not possible, I'm sure she
wouldn't survive it, so we started medical treatment.  She takes now
Vasotop and Nizoral.  Vulva is still swollen but she behaves more quieten.
Our vet would like to start a treatment with a new drug called Modrenal
(Trilostane) but doesn't have any experience with it.  Can anyone help?

Thanks
Bettina Krause
mail: [log in to unmask]