From:
pat andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:51:55 -0500
Well, it seems ferret math has hit my happy home once again.  I've been
really good about saying "no" since Ozzie joined the family 6 months ago
(if you don't count the two fosters currently under my care).  But I got
a call from a friend who said that there had been two ferrets turned in at
a local no kill shelter.  The male got a home immediately, but the female
would need special care because she seemed a little off.  Not sick, but
very introverted.  For a 1 1/2 year old ferret she was awfully quiet.

Okay, I'm a sucker for an animal that needs me.  Always have been.  So I
told my friend that if my two seniors got along w/ her and I fell in love
at first sight...okay.

When I met this ferret I didn't feel anything except..."you call this a
BLAZE (very narrow strip of white, w/ the strip broken up toward the face,
white bib, but just a touch of white on some of her toes)?  Very small,
beautiful coat...very similar to Sadie in size and color.  Definitely cute,
but not the blaze of my dreams.

Sadie and Sonny both tolerated her.  The acid test was putting all three
in the carrier.  One yip and all was quiet.  When I looked in I saw Sadie
grooming the new girl's ears.  Hmmm.

Brought them home and put them to bed.  When I checked on them before bed
time Sonny & Sadie were sleeping in the hammock and new girl was sleeping
in the sleep sack of the floor of the cage.

This morning Sadie was alone in the hammock and Sonny had joined the new
girl in the sleep sack.  I brought out all three to play and left them to
it while I walked Tess and took my shower.  After cleaning their litter pan
I put everyone away and left Ozzie out to play.

On the way to work today I realized that new girl is "Whisper" for her
quiet, unassuming way of slipping into my life.

I don't know if I should be congratulated or teased...

Pat and the Furry Inspirations (Tess, Shiloh, Amadeus, Ozzie, Sonny, Sadie,
& Whisper)