From:
Marc Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 11:59:54 -0500
Hi all at FML!  I'm a new member of FML and thought I'd put my $0.02 in to
the mill.

I have three darling ferrets: Slinky (a 3 year old female sable ferret),
Bandit (a 1 year old male sable ferret ...  the rind leader and arch-thief)
and Rascal (an 8 month old female silver-mit ferret).  Since winter is upon
us here in Washington, DC (slight humor in that last statement since I'm
from Buffalo, NY and think winters down here are , well ...  lame) all three
have gotten their winter coats.  Rascal has developed a yellow/brown streak
down the middle of her back which just accents the brilliant white of her
head and chest!  Bandit and Slinky have just gotten darker and fuller coats
...  but still gorgeous!

So that's my "babies"!

If I might, I have a couple of questions someone might be able to answer.

1) I have a large 2-story cage for my ferrets and they are quickly
outgrowing it!  Gary Holowicki mentioned in a 28 November message that he
had a 3-story cage for his ferrets.  Gary ...  where did you get that cage?
Any specs, prices, dealers etc you can give me on the cage would be greatly
appreciated (by me and "the Gang"!).

2) Carol-Anne Peace Schutz wrote in a 28 November message about ferret
magazines.  I totally agree with you on the quality of "Modern Ferret." Lots
of cute pictures and stories but nothing much of substance.  The only
article that could have been useful was the one on introducing a new ferret
to your current pet(s) ...  but I already introduced Rascal to the other two
nearly 7 months ago.

I also picked up "Critters, USA." I was immediately drawn to the section on
Sugar Gliders, Flying Squirrels and Degus and was VERY DISAPPOINTED at the
lack of quality pictures of any of these!  Does anyone know how Sugar
Gliders and Ferrets would get along as "co-pets"?  Just looking into the
future for additional acquisitions!

I have not seen "Ferrets USA" magazine ... any subscription info?

I hope that wasn't too much for one posting!  Thanks in advance for any
comments on my questions!

Marc Wilson
Alexandria, VA