Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 11:25:10 EST
If Marshall's is selling kits to young and saying they're older than
they actually are, couldn't that be considered attempt to defraud - which
is something they could also get in trouble for?  (If it could be proved
which would be hard, but maybe something to think about.)  Just an idea,
I don't know much about the law.

By the way, all four of mine have been MF (but adopted ones:) and once
they've hit 2-3 years old their health went to crud.  Cancer, more cancer,
and digestive problems.  blah.  Just like mice and hamsters that have
been over bred and inbred, tumors are a REAL problem.  I personally think
Marshall's has quite a bit to do with this especially if our European
ferret brothers and sisters live to be 12 or so.

Also the same story here, all the MF kits look sick when they come into
the pet stores (not just Petco, but all the small ma and pa stores as
well), and smaller and smaller each time.  Their stomachs are bloated,
swollen rear ends, and are always trying to suckle on my fingers.
Whenever someone sees me looking at them I answer all their questions.
Then I tell them that there are a ton of great shelters that are over
flowing with ferrets and that they should ask about them there if they're
thinking of getting one.

OH!  One more funny story.  It's not really funny but it shows how much
employees at pet stores can know about ferrets.  I worked at a small pet
store a few years ago for about 6 months.  People don't work there long,
hard work and low pay.  One of the old employees came in with his 4
ferrets.  They all looked really bad.  He asked the manager what was wrong
with them.  The manager looked at the food and said what's that?  "Rabbit
food."  He had been feeding them rabbit food because he thought it was
like Marshall's food!  i.e. little green pellets=rabbit food.  At least
the manager lectured him pretty harshly but still, if he worked there he
should have known.  But, man, it's the second time in my life I've ever
really wanted to slap anybody.

Take care, Monica and her fuzzies, Emma, Lady, and Llyr