From:
Donna Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 1995 01:20:08 -0500
If this information has been posted before, please disregard.
I am sad to say I live in the ferret execution state - MD. I know you all
have heard plenty about the 5-mo. old kit, Rasha, who was killed by order of
the MD State Public Heath Dept. but there now is a fund raising drive that
was initiated at Ferret Expo '95 to present a legal or legislative ruling for
a quarantine period of ferrets. It is known as the Maryland Rasha Memorial
Fund and is being sponsored by the AFA with four MD organizations also
participating:  Baltimore Ferret Club, Bay Area Ferret Funatics (I am a
member of this group), Centrarl MD Ferret Fanciers and Metro Ferret Shelter &
Rescue League. Anyone interested in taking part can contact the AFA at
301/898-3228. I also have some newspaper articles from Hagerstown, MD (where
this took place) I can fax anyone interested. We all hope the laws regarding
ferrets will change one day and ignorant people will become enlightened.