From:
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 09:36:10 -0700
>From:    Jennifer Henderson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Purina Lab food

Can't respond in detail about the two foods - have never really seen the
lab diet.

But I do know people who have worked in animal research...

>b.)  Do lab animals get fed "top notch" products or do they get fed
>    "whatever because they are all gonna die anyway" products?

Most animal testing isn't fatal - that it is fatal is an impression overly
fanatical animal rightists would like to give people so they can use
emotions instead of facts to sway the opinions of others.

Since all living things are going to die and since ill treatment of test
subjects would sour the test results, we'd suspect test animals including
ferrets would get pretty good care.  Some get doted on.  Some don't.  Just
like pets.

bill & diane
--
bill and diane killian