From:
Lee McKee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 17:05:27 +0400
Cold and flu viruses thrive in warm, dry environments.  These are precisely
the conditions we find ourselves in during the winter when the cold reduces
the amount of moisture that the air can carry, and our heating systems
further dry out the air in our houses.

Humans, ferrets, and other pets can benefit from having a humidifier
running, at least during the night.  A humidifer could help reduce
susceptibility to colds, and also make us and our pets more comfortable.

Unfortunately, humidifiers may also spread certain bacteria and fungi that
like moist environments.  Be sure to change the water and wipe out the
reservoir daily.

Your ferret does better with colder temperatures.  As long as your pet is
healthy and has a full coat, keep her in a colder room if you need the heat
cranked up for your own comfort.

-- Lee, one of the Massachusetts Ferret Friends

-- Lee