From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:22:47 -0400
[log in to unmask]  wrote:
>please help if you have any info please email me me it would be much
>aprreciated.  i cant ask a vet because the one here does not know a lot
>about ferrets.

This sounds very much like ulcers.  One of the best sites with
information on this is Dr. WIlliams 'Pathology of the Ferret' site.
Here is the URL for information on ulcers and their treatment.
       http://www.afip.org/ferrets/ulcers.html

Even if you think your local vets will not know how to treat your ferret,
it is important the you get him in to see a vet.  He may need to have
Sub-Q fluids administered, and will need prescription medication to get
better.  If you think the vets won't know what to do, consider printing
off the information from the above site and showing it to the vet.  Dr.
Williams is a well know and highly respected vet and pathologist.

Another site you may want to check and print out is:
       http://miamiferret.org/fhc/helicobacter.htm

Again, the above site has information on ulcers from Dr. Williams.

Good luck on treating your fuzzy.  I hope he is able to recover from his
illness.

--
Danee
ADV - If your ferret hasn't been tested, you don't know!