Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 12:02:48 EST
Hugs and Dooks to All!

New Ferret To Anson Household ~ Day 8:

I've never seen two ferrets as different as these two!  Trixie, our once
dominant ferret, is very depressed over losing her position as head
ferret.......and spends a lot of time hiding (more than usual) and a lot
of the time looking for Buddy when she is out.  If he's bouncing around,
she'll often go back under the couch and unsocialize with us.

We have a four story cage, and because Trixie is out more than Buddy (he's
not completely litter trained, so he's not out all day) she has three
levels she can play in.......and he has the very top.  So she comes and
goes all day into her cage, and he frequently crawls in her section to eat.
Last night while he ate, and dropped food all around the bowl, Trixie got
in the cage and began cleaning up after him........digging the food he
dropped out of her bedding and eating it.  Typical man.......always come
over to the female's house, eat, and run.......and leave her to clean up
the mess!

Trixie was always the dominant ferret.........we'd take her over to my
friend Laurie's house and she'd always seem so alpha around them.  Now,
when Buddy jumps near her to play, she rolls over and lays there.......
does this mean she "gives up" or does this mean "I wanna play???"  They
got into it......and Buddy bit her on her face........grabbed his face in
his mouth and hung on.........she didn't cry or anything, she just layed
there..............but we broke them up anyway.  He's so rough with
her........and he still bites fairly hard because he's only a kit.  Any
suggestions???

We finally got Buddy to eat solid food.....Trixie loves Banana Chips but
Buddy will only eat chicken flavored treats.  No matter how you fix it,
they refuse to eat real meat, duck soup, and chicken gravy.  They only
eat their food, and their treats, that is it!

Love you all!

Shea, Trixie-Butt, and Buddy-Bear